onsdag 23 april 2014

Long-sleeved Flower Top (Challenge Create: Adult Edition Week 4)

This week's challenge for Challenge Create: Adult Edition is "Destash" and I had fun digging deep into my stash and trying to make use of some items that I've had for a long time. I found a green/brown/grey jersey knit that I bought several years ago. I don't think I ever had a plan for it, but I need more long-sleeved tops and there was enough fabric to make one so I did. The pattern is - of course - my favourite t-shirt pattern from Ottobre 2/2007.



Since the fabric in itself is rather boring, I put some effort into the details. For the hems I dug out a twin needle that I haven't used for a long time. I used two different brown threads that go well with the earthy colour of the fabric. The neckline is finished with an ordinary t-shirt binding, but I let the ends overlap to make it more interesting. I could have left it there, but decided to embellish the top a little bit. In my button stash I found these little off-white buttons. I sewed them onto the top and hand embroidered the stem and leaves of the little flower.



Summary in Swedish: Veckans tema för Challenge Create: Adult Edition är "Destash", typ "använd det du har på lager". Det här grön/brun/grå trikåtyget har jag haft flera år, köpt billigt utan någon egentlig plan. Nu fick det bli en långärmad tröja eftersom jag behöver fler sådana. Tyget i sig är inte jätteroligt så jag fokuserade mer på detaljerna. Ärmarna och nederkanten är fållade med tvillingnål, och halsringningen har en vanlig mudd som jag lät gå omlott för att den skulle bli lite mer intressant. På bröstet har jag sytt fast fem små pärlemorknappar och broderat stam och blad för att göra en liten blomma.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hey, that's really neat! Thanks for sewing along!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I love the added detail at the neckline and with the buttons. Well done!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Snyggt med omlottmudden! Det ska jag försöka komma ihåg till framtida tröjor.
    //Karin

    SvaraRadera